Hello, it’s a great day to start a project.
& MAINTENANCE GUIDE
Welcome to the family
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE, WE ARE PLEASED TO HAVE YOU AS A CUSTOMER!
This guide serves as a tool designed to provide you with a clear understanding of the standard warranty coverage offered by our company. The Ateliers Jacob inc. warranty includes three coverages: one (1), five (5) and twenty-five (25) years.
The Ateliers Jacob inc. warranty comes into effect upon the project’s delivery, provided it is applicable. This warranty is initially offered to the purchaser of the project and can be transferred to subsequent purchasers for the duration of its validity. However, it is important to note that until the full payment is settled, Ateliers Jacob Inc. is not obligated to fulfill any actions under the terms of this warranty.
Warranty Details – Ateliers Jacob Inc.
Subject to the exclusions set forth herein, Ateliers Jacob Inc. warrants for one (1) year from the delivery date the following products against:
- Any manufacturing defect affecting the products supplied.
- Any defect affecting the products related to the assembly, the installation or the delivery, if performed by Ateliers Jacob Inc.
Subject to the exclusions set forth herein, Ateliers Jacob Inc. warrants for five (5) years from the delivery date the following products against manufacturing defects:
- Drawer facades and moldings
- Adjustable shelves
Subject to the exclusions set forth herein, Ateliers Jacob Inc. warrants for twenty-five (25) years from the delivery date the following products against manufacturing defects:
- Manufactured cabinets
- Standard hinges
- Drawer slides and all other drawer parts
It is crucial to take note of the following exclusions as they set forth limitations to the provided warranty by Ateliers Jacob Inc. These exclusions, when applicable, release Ateliers Jacob Inc. from any liability associated with the aforementioned warranty, and no claims can be made against Ateliers Jacob Inc. in relation to such warranty.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers damage to any product resulting from improper, negligent or abusive use or handling, accident, lack of maintenance or any other cause.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers damage to any product resulting from normal wear and tear of said product, including discoloration, scratches and yellowing.
*See “Collection – Resistance Level by Attribute” table for more details.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers damage to handles or variations in finish when such damage or variations occur one (1) year after delivery.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers indirect damages due to a defect or vice in a product, including, but not limited to, the customer’s loss of time, loss of use or enjoyment, hassles and inconveniences.
- Unless otherwise specified, no warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers installation and/or delivery charges.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers minor defects relating to any product, including those which are not visible from a distance of at least one (1) meter.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers products against warping of 1-piece MDF and 5-piece doors wider than 24″ or higher than 42″, as well as any urban door wider than 24″ or higher than 72″.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers damage caused by excessive temperature, excessive humidity, contact with water, chemical reaction, temperature shock or in case of a force majeure.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers MDF opaque lacquer products and 5-piece wood materials against microcracking.
Ateliers Jacob Inc. does not offer any warranty on complementary products from its partners, such as light fixtures, LED light strips, bins, handles, hardware that may rust and applied latex.
Please refer to our partners warranties for the complementary products purchased with Ateliers Jacob Inc.
Replacement Policy – Hardware
Constantly on the lookout for new trends, Ateliers Jacob Inc. offers several collections with distinct characteristics. Carefully studied and selected, they represent the best products on the market today. If Ateliers Jacob Inc. modifies, adds or withdraws products from offers, the present policy attests to Ateliers Jacob’s rights for any modification.
- If Ateliers Jacob Inc. needs to replace a product, we reserve the right to replace the materials originally used with materials of equal or greater quality.
- If Ateliers Jacob Inc. needs to replace a product, we cannot guarantee the parity of the replacement product, or the materials used to replace any product. However, we will cooperate with the customer to find a reasonable and mutually agreeable alternative.
- If the customer does not make a subsequent effort to find a replacement, Ateliers Jacob Inc. reserves the right to make the final selection of the replacement product.
- If the customer wants a product other than the one initially installed when replacing a product, the customer agrees to assume any price difference between the replaced product and the product initially installed.
Warranty – Collections and Features
This section presents a summary and pictorial description of the products offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. related to the collections and their distinct characteristics.
An assessment of your needs is a step that must be carried out carefully. The tables below are designed to help you make an informed decision based on your desires and needs.
In addition to providing information on our collections, this section provides the different characteristics that define our collections. Please refer to to this information to acknowledge the maintenance methods that you will have to carry out after the installation, according to the various types of materials chosen.
Collection – Attributes
Collection – Level of resistance by attribute
To file a claim with Ateliers Jacob Inc. it must be presented according to the following terms and conditions:
- The customer agrees to send their claim to Ateliers Jacob Inc. within thirty (30) days following the event which, according to the customer, involves a guarantee offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. The claim must be in writing and sent by mail or e-mail to the following address:
- By mail: 475, boulevard de Sainte-Marcelle, Saint-Jérôme, Québec J7Y 2P7
- By e-mail: [email protected]
- All claims must contain a clear and precise description of the situation and must be accompanied by a copy of the purchase contract or order number. If the customer fails to provide these documents, they accept that there may be additional delays in the processing of their request.
- Ateliers Jacob Inc. reserves the right to inspect the customer’s home to evaluate the merits of the claim. The customer agrees to allow Ateliers Jacob Inc. agents access to the product(s) that are related to the complaint.
- Following the inspection in accordance with the foregoing, Ateliers Jacob Inc. will determine if the product should be replaced and if the warranty is applicable. The decision will be forwarded to the customer as soon as possible.
*If the customer fails to fully adhere to the aforementioned conditions and procedures, Ateliers Jacob Inc. reserves the right to declare the claim inadmissible. In such cases, the customer will be required to submit a new claim request, ensuring strict compliance with these conditions and procedures.
If you have any questions, or you request additional information about our warranty coverage, we will be happy to answer you. Please contact us in one of the following ways:
475, boulevard de Sainte-Marcelle, Saint-Jérôme (Québec) J7Y 2P7
2001-2A, route Transcanadienne, Dorval (Québec) H9P 1J1
901, rang du Bas-de-L’Assomption Sud, L’Assomption (Québec) J5W 2A3
270, rue Beauchamps, Saint-Calixte (Québec) J0K 1Z0
1140 44, Ave SE, Calgary (Alberta) T2G 4W6