WELCOME TO THE FAMILY
Congratulations on your purchase!
Thank you for your purchase. We’re happy to count you among our valued customers!
This document is a tool to provide you with an overview of the conventional warranty coverage offered by our company. We offer different warranty plans that range from one (1) to twenty-five (25) years of coverage.
Ateliers Jacob Inc. warranty, if any, become effective upon delivery of the project. Ateliers Jacob Inc. warranty is offered to the initial purchaser and is transferred to subsequent purchasers for the valid period. Of course, so long as all amounts due are not paid in full, Ateliers Jacob Inc. has no obligation to act under the warranty offered herein.
WARRANTY DETAILS – ATELIERS JACOB INC.
Subject to the exclusions provided for herein, Ateliers Jacob Inc. guarantees, for one (1) year after the date of delivery, its products against :
- Any manufacturing defect in the products supplied;
- Any defect affecting the products in connection with their assembly, installation or delivery, if performed by Ateliers Jacob Inc.
Subject to the exclusions provided for herein, Ateliers Jacob Inc. guarantees the following products against manufacturing defects for five (5) years after the date of delivery :
- Drawer fronts and mouldings;
- Adjustable shelves.
Subject to the exclusions provided for herein, Ateliers Jacob Inc. guarantees the following products against manufacturing defects for twenty-five (25) years after the date of delivery :
- Manufactured cabinet boxes;
- Standard hinges;
- Runners and all other drawer parts.
It is important to take note of the following exclusions, since they constitute limits to the warranty contained herein and offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. Where applicable, these exclusions release Ateliers Jacob Inc. from any liability in connection with the warranty contained herein and no claim maybe made against Ateliers Jacob Inc. in connection with said warranty.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers damage to any product resulting from improper, negligent or abusive use or handling, accident, lack of maintenance or any other cause.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers damage to any product resulting from normal wear and tear of said product, including discolouration, scratches and yellowing. *See table “Collection – Resistance by attribute” for more details.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers damage to handles as well as variations in finishes when such damage and variation occur one (1) year after delivery.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers consequential loss suffered by the customer due to a defect or fault in a product, including, but not limited to, loss of time, loss of use or enjoyment, hassle and inconvenience.
- Unless otherwise specified, no warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers installation and/or delivery charges.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers minor defects in any product, including those that are not visible or noticeable from a distance of one (1) metre or more.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers its products against warping on 1-piece (MDF) and 5-piece doors wider than 24″or higher than 42″, and on any urban door wider than 24″ or higher than 72″.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers damage caused by excessive temperature, excessive humidity, contact with water, chemical reaction, temperature shock or force majeure.
- No warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. covers its MDF opaque lacquer and 5-piece wood products against microcracking.
Ateliers Jacob Inc. offers no warranty on complementary products that originate from its partners, such as light fixtures, LED light strips, bins, handles, hardware that rusts and applied latex.
Please refer to our partners’ warranties for any complementary products purchased through Ateliers Jacob Inc.
REPLACEMENT POLICY – EQUIPMENT
Constantly on the lookout for new trends, Ateliers Jacob Inc. offers several collections with distinct features. Carefully studied and selected, our collections represent the best products on the market today. In the event that Ateliers Jacob Inc. modifies, adds or withdraws products from its offering, this policy asserts its rights with respect to any modification to its offering.
In the event that we are called upon to replace a product, we reserve the right to replace the materials originally used with materials of equalor better quality.
In the event that we are called upon to replace a product, we cannot guarantee the parity of the replacement product or the materials used to replace any product. However, we will cooperate with the customer to find a reasonable and mutually agreeable alternative.
In the event that the customer does not make a subsequent effort, Ateliers Jacob Inc. reserves the right to make the final selection of the replacement product.
In the event that the customer wishes to obtain a product other than the one initially installed when replacing a product, he/she agrees to assume any price difference between that other product and the product initially installed.
WARRANTY – COLLECTIONS AND FEATURES
This section presents a brief and pictorial description of the products offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. according to its collections and their distinct features.
Analyzing your needs is a step that must be taken with care. The tables below are designed to help you make an informed decision based on your desires and needs.
In addition to providing information on our collections, this section will enable you to visualize the different features that define our collections. It’s important that you consult it to know the maintenance methods you will have to apply after the installation, depending on the different types of materials chosen.
In order to make a claim with Ateliers Jacob Inc., the claim must be presented according to the following terms and conditions:
The customer undertakes to send his/her claim to Ateliers Jacob Inc. within thirty (30) days following his/her knowledge of the event that, according to him/her, entails the application of a warranty offered by Ateliers Jacob Inc. The claim must be in writing and must be sent by mail or e-mail to the following address:
By mail: 475 Sainte-Marcelle blvd, Saint-Jérôme, Québec J7Y 2P7.
By e-mail: [email protected]
Any claim must contain a sufficiently clear and precise description of the situation and must be accompanied by a copy of the purchase contract or order number. Failure to provide a copy of the documents may result in additional delays in processing the claim;
Ateliers Jacob Inc. reserves the right to make an inspection visit to the customer’s home in order to evaluate the merits of the claim. The customer agrees to allow Ateliers Jacob Inc. representatives access to the product(s) that are the object of the claim;
Following the inspection(s) in accordance with the above, Ateliers Jacob Inc. will determine whether the product should be replaced or replaced based on an applicable warranty. The decision will be forwarded to the customer as soon as possible.
**If the customer fails to fully respect the above terms and conditions, the claim will be deemed ineligible by Ateliers Jacob Inc. and the customer will have to formulate a new request respecting those terms and conditions.
TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or requests for information regarding our warranty, please don’t hesitate to contact us at the coordinates below :
APPLICATION OF CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS TO THIS WARRANTY
THIS WARRANTY IS A MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY IN ADDITION TO ANY STATUTORY WARRANTY THAT MAY BE APPLICABLE UNDER ANY LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT.
FOR GREATER CERTAINTY, NOTHING HEREIN SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO LIMIT, SUSPEND OR RESTRICT ANY OTHER RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAWS OR REGULATIONS.